(Here it is as promised. Please note: they are not exactly ground breaking and have been covered to some extent on other blogs)
1. Arrive either Early or Late
- Who on earth would be early for a date?!? This is still beyond me, but I have heard this can happen accidentally. Now as for late… I might know a few people.
2. Stay out too Long or too Short
- The rules specifically state that you must be back by some archaic and arbitrarily decided time, no exceptions.
3. Monopolize the Conversation (As per Bad4's suggestion: "talk too much or too little")
- Come on; give the other person the chance to say something. However, how much that amount is can be decided completely at your discretion.
4. Blatantly Space Out
- Well at least fake interest!
5. Stare too Intently
- Have you ever heard the cliché “Hey, Buddy, My Eyes are up Here?” No further explanation necessary.
6. Call your Date by their Name
- This one might be real, dunno.
- Seriously, see Bad4’s excellent post.
8. Disobey the Rules of Proper Etiquette
- Like not using a straw? :)
9. Make Rude Remarks or Use Inappropriate Humor (ha'myvan yovin)
- This one is actually serious, don’t even try it.
10. Miss Door Opening Opportunities
- You better have a really good excuse for this one and snow banks less than 2 feet high is just not going to cut it.
While I do put effort into ensuring that I don't break any of these strict rules of dating, I am only human. So do you break any of these rules?