Solely In Black and White: Help with the Smileys

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Help with the Smileys


Here are some of the smileys/ emoticons usable on this site. Spaces between the characters are for illustration purposes.

Gmail/ Gchat Emoticons

:( = : (
:-( = : - (
:) = : )
:-) = : - )
:p = ; p
:-p = : - p
:-o = : - o
:D= : D
;) = ; )
;-) = ; - )
:| = : |
8-| = 8 - |
o:) = o : )
:-B = : - B
b-) = b - )
~X( = ~ X (
:-/ = : - /
:-* = : - *
:> = : >


Feel free to play with and test out the smileys in the comment section of this post.

4 comments:

  1. I'd say go with the yahoo ones. There's more of a variety, and they're better looking than the gmail ones.
    Of course, my favorites are the classic aol ones...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I might leave it for now. I kind of like the Gmail icons, but that might be because I have spent way too much time in Gmail. I’m considering adding support for WordPress style smilies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do you get the gchat emoticons to be supported in the comments section?
    :(|)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wrote a script that replaces all text (like : - ) into :-) . I'll can email it to you if you'd like.

    ReplyDelete

You can use some basic HTML tags as well as these emoticons. If you wish to comment anonymously, please use the Name/URL option and give yourself a unique title. You can leave the URL field blank if you wish. Thanks for your comment. Enjoy.