Fear not though, I think I have created a system wherein your can spend you points with relative ease. (However, how you acquire them is still completely at your discretion.) The system shall be called the SiBW Casino.
The idea came to me one day as such: Dating really is a crapshoot. Arguably, compatibility, romance, and attraction cannot be accurately predicted (yet) based on “paper” inputs. Add in the other external factors that come into play in the shidduch dating system, coupled with all those official and unofficial rules, and you have yourself a really interesting opportunity, at least from a gambling perspective.
To test this theory out, I held a test bet (a gentlemen’s bet of course) with a counterparty to determine if this would work. We each guessed how long my stint with a specific girl would last and added a theoretical dollar amount to our predictions. Suffice to say, I won (and no, in case you were wondering I didn’t cheat). And thus began my career as a shidduch gambler ;) … Yeah right… :D
In theory, gambling might be considered bad for shidduchim and thus (according to some) earn you points, but for the sake of our sanity (and to prevent a circular reference) we shall give shidduch gambling a temporary free pass.
A few ground rules:
- You cannot bet on any wager which is directly controlled by your actions.
- You cannot bet on anything which you have knowledge of due to external factors.
- You cannot use insider trading.
- You cannot cheat in any way.
- You must follow all the rules. ;)
- You can only bet an amount of points you have. No borrowing or lending. Gabling is addictive enough!
- Large bets (over 2,500) must be proved by photo evidence. ;) :p
- Mean or disrespectful wagers will result in you getting banned from the casino and possibly a visit from a bouncer/security goon.
- As of now, bets can only be made in SiBW points or Bad4 points.
- The minimum bet per wager is 100 units, maximum bet is 20,000 units.
- In the event you do get addicted to shidduch gambling, seek professional help immediately.
Here are the items you can currently put money on: (all items listed have a payout of 1:1, meaning if you bet 1 point you get 2, 1 for your original bet and 1 for winning the bet). Suggestions for additions to the list are welcome and will be added based on probability, profitability, and absurdity.
1. Will Bad4’s next date take her to the Brooklyn Marry-It?
2. Will SIS’s next date be a one and done?
3. Will Bored Jewish Guy say “I had a good time” after his next first date?
4. Will CoralCap’s next date have a beautiful voice?
5. Will NYC Girl wear the blue dress on date?
6. Does Auror’s Psychic really know who she will marry?
7. Will Harry-er be humming after his next first date?
8. Will Feivel wear these loafers on his next date?
9. Will Sefardi Gal pull a “schoolgirl” and ask her next date not to shave?
10. Will Shidduch Scene’s next date come to her?
11. Will Jughead's Hat see a picture of his next date?
12. Will Material Maidel actually look like her profile on a date?
13. Will Shades of Grey write a story about his next date?
14. Will Frum N’ Flipping’s next date be from the internet?
15. Will SternGrad’s next date have a big white kippah?
16. Will Erachet treat her next date as if she is not on a Shidduch date? ( Addition Courtesy of Jughead's Hat)
Now for The Million Dollar (I mean points) Question that I am sure is on everyone’s mind: Which blogger will be the next one to get engaged? (If you immediately said that it won’t be you, you’re jaded!)
Now don’t be shy, place those bids!
I would like to thank the bloggers who helped with this post. You know who you are! ;)
*(Void where prohibited. Must be of legal age to play. All bets are subject to the rules and regulations included herein as well as those not stated or explicitly implied. Rules are subject to change at any time without prior notice, including but not limited to, "right now" and "later." Payments on winning will only be distributed after you “the player” are married. Insert full fine print here!)*