As per BoSD’s Tuesday 10 Top Ten List Challenge, I have compiled a list of some interesting shidduch inquires for your entertainment. I know, the post only called for 10, but since I am a few days late I decided to up it to 15. Most of these were asked to references on various people’s resumes (i.e. not necessarily my own). I am sure there are more, but these are the ones that came to my head first. I have to say I am surprised I haven’t heard a lot more, though… ;-)
15. Q: If you had to describe him in what word, what would it be? A: An individual?
14. Does he date/dump a lot of girls?
13. Why does(n’t) he want to live in Brooklyn?!
12. Why does(n't) he wear colored shirts?
11. Why did(n’t) he go to Brisk?
10. What type and brand of shoes does he wear?
9. Does he smoke? (Do you really think someone’s reference is going to tell you that?)
8. What suit size is he?
7. Does he play sports?
6. Does his family eat strawberries?
5. Is he really as tall as he says he is on his resume?
4. Does his family use the eruv?
3. This conversation:
- Q: Is his family balbatish? A: You mean chassidish? Q: No, No, ”balbatish” A: Umm, like European? Q: This is a simple question: are they balbatish? A: Like heimish? I guess they’re… Q: I am sorry, what don’t you understand ARE THEY BALBATISH? A: Huh? I guess so? I really don’t know what you mean!
2. Does he have any vices?! (Including blogging? Is running a casino also included?)
1. Can you send me your picture? (A shadchan’s request to a boy! Oh the audacity! :-/ )