Solely In Black and White: Happy Belated Valentine’s Day!

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Happy Belated Valentine’s Day!

Love

First off I must apologize; I guess I went incognito there for a little bit…. Let’s just say I have been a tad busy… Anyways, back to work!

While I am not necessarily a non-believer in “Hallmark holidays,” I did take note of Valentine’s Day. By take note I specifically mean I intentionally ignore it. I even made a pact with my wife that we would not do anything on Valentine’s days that might even remotely be construed as celebratory. Whether we actually kept that pact is still unclear as I think we said good-morning to each other which probably was a violation of the pact.


I can’t really say I have a favorite Hallmark holiday, but I think it might be either the Fourth of July or New Years, I am still unsure. :-p Hey, I like fireworks! :-) I think we just have a Fireworks Day, it can replace Boxing Day and/or coincide with Black-Friday or Cyber-Monday, take your pick.


Regardless, I really don’t have much to add on this subject. However, I just wanted to point out that Google has been getting really involved in relationships! First they rolled-out Google Wedding, a free tool to organize your big day and get served with wedding related ads. I imagine this would have come in handy a few months back, thanks Google :-/, although, I think we managed just fine without it. As an aside, I think the idea is solid and should provide Google with a very succinct targeted advertising campaign, but I digress.


Additionally, to promote more traffic to said site, and arguably increase their potential ad revenue, Google has created a Valentine’s Day Google Map E-Card. Yes, I know quite a mouth full, but quite cute! The site is called is MapYourValentine. Granted, the name is a bit misleading; if you’re single, the site won’t actually map where your Valentine is, but I think you already assumed that. Anyways, I find it strange that a search engine company would spend so much effort on love, marriage, and whatnot. What’s next Google Shidduchim? :-p


1 comment:

  1. I've said it once, and I can say it a million times more: valentines days is shtuyot. Fireworks day would be cool, though...

    ReplyDelete

You can use some basic HTML tags as well as these emoticons. If you wish to comment anonymously, please use the Name/URL option and give yourself a unique title. You can leave the URL field blank if you wish. Thanks for your comment. Enjoy.