Solely In Black and White: A Purim Request 2011

Friday, March 18, 2011

A Purim Request 2011


In continuing with the theme I wrote about last Purim I will repost and update my pre-Purim post and probably write a Post-Purim/ Drunkenness synopsis. Perhaps, if I have the wherewithal to get to a computer while inebriated I will type something up of humorous nature; well at least it might be funny to read when sober. :-)


First and foremost, I must apologize. I intended to retry and restart the "Blogger's Group Tehilim Initiative" in time for Purim as a one-time project, but I did not have enough time this week to work on it. The new idea was to divide and distributed the entire Tehilim (preferably into 30 parts) amongst anyone who would like to participate. The ultimate goal being: the one-time collaborative completion of the entire Tehlim over this year’s extended Purim weekend. I don’t know if it’s too late to set up this project, but it's worth a shot. Let me know what you think. 


Essentially, I don’t really what else to add to this post. We live in a strange world enduring some epically peculiar times. What the future holds for us as individuals and as a society does seem rather daunting at the moment. In the wake of the current evolving catastrophe in Japan and horrific incident in Israel one can only wonder what will be tomorrow and further realize what little control we have over our lives and our world. It sort of gives credence to the lesson “Hakol min hashamayim chutz me yiras shamayim.” Just some food (pre shalach manos) for thought…

A Purim Request for 2011
I hope this post finds all of you in good spirits. No, I am not drunk yet. Yes, this post is serious.


Purim has the potential to be a very powerful day. The things that can be accomplished are nearly endless. I hope the last post (last year) didn’t give you the impression that I believe otherwise. Purim is a lot more than just getting drunk.

If I humbly may, can I ask of you a favor? When you daven/learn/or say tehillim this Purim, can you please ask (or have in mind) that Hashem should help all the singles in Klal Yisrael (including your fellow bloggers and commenters) to find their match soon, a true zivig, and without any pain? Additionally, consider adding that Klal Yisrael and the world should have true everlasting peace and tranquility.

Generally, I try not to ask favors of my readers unless I deem them to be necessary or very important. Obviously, I deem this request necessary and hope you feel the same way.

Thank You. 

Sincerely,

SiBaW and TAW

A Freilichen Purim!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can use some basic HTML tags as well as these emoticons. If you wish to comment anonymously, please use the Name/URL option and give yourself a unique title. You can leave the URL field blank if you wish. Thanks for your comment. Enjoy.