Solely In Black and White: Baby Potatoes

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Baby Potatoes



baby bentrup
Not our Baby. A Flickr Baby! (p.s. our baby is cuter, just saying ;-))
I’ve come to the conclusion that cradle cap smells like potatoes. I first realized this when I babysat (i.e. practiced) my nephew. The kid had more cradled cap then my daughter, so the smell was more vivid. But in all the irony, the kid is allergic to potatoes so go figure… It took my wife some time to believe me, but even she has finally come around. It’s kind of odd that I now have to change my clothes when I smell like baby. In other words, when I smell like an odd mixture of potatoes, ricotta cheese, and Dreft (baby detergent). It’s really an endearing smell. I think it should be marketed as cologne although I am unsure who the target market would be.


The parents? 
On that note, I think J&J got it wrong with its baby wash. Head to Toe soap? I think that stuff just makes babies smell like clean potatoes. As an alternative, I think McCormick should be making baby shampoo. I’m thinking garlic and chive might be a start. :-) Embrace the potatoes! (Parenthetically, I think I’m going to call the baby little miss potato head ;-)) And on that note, I am going to refrain from eating instant baby mashed potato (flakes); that’s just a little too close to home. ;-)


Lastly, on the subject of potato related matters, the wife and I made some hand-grated potato kugel this week. For the record, we only use the finest grated-hand! I think I counted at least seven “booboos” on my hands. I’m sure you’re asking yourself “why on earth would you hand grate a potato kugel nowadays?” The simple answer is: because that is how it was done in the alter heim and who are we to question our customs! Just kidding. :-P Basically, we had a few extra potatoes lying around, and I figured it was easier to grate a few potatoes by hand then set-up, wash, and clean a food processor. Clearly I was wrong, as my fingers can now attest. I do recall quipping to TAW that I had found a quicker blade setting by using the micro-spaghetti type side. :-P Let just say that the kugel was made out of blood, sweat, and tears; well at least two out of three. :-/ In the end, it all worked out okay, hand-grated and grated-hand and all. And yes, it tasted fine.

This won't hurt a all...right?

Btw, does anyone know if milk-based formula spit-up is milchigs?

2 comments:

  1. It's not b'derech achila, so I think you're good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to mention, little miss potato head spit-up directly in my wife's mouth. :-)(You can call it perfect timing, or wrong place wrong time. Either way, it was rather funny.)

    Does that change anything?

    ReplyDelete

You can use some basic HTML tags as well as these emoticons. If you wish to comment anonymously, please use the Name/URL option and give yourself a unique title. You can leave the URL field blank if you wish. Thanks for your comment. Enjoy.